The 7 Chakras
The 7 Chakras
Each chakra is an energy centre which spins like a wheel. If it spins too fast, that chakra is too open. Sometimes the wheel spins too slow, or not at all - meaning that this particular chakra is too closed. In order for one to have maximum health and a balanced life all of the chakras need to be balanced. The chakra system, as its name defines is a system. When one chakra is out of balance it effects all of the chakras. To balance and align the chakras is a work in progress as everyday things such as stress, upset, tiredness, sickness and so on has an effect on specific chakras. Meditation, yoga, crystal healing, affirmations, mindfulness and other practices can help to bring the chakra system back into balance.
- The root chakra is located at the base of the spine (between the anus and the genitals) and is associated with feelings of grounding, safety and security. Its colour is red.
- The sacral chakra is located at the lower abdomen, between the navel and the genitals. It is associated with emotional and life balance as well as sexuality. Its colour is orange.
- The solar plexus chakra is located between the navel and the sternum (breast bone). It relates to personal power, motivation and empowerment, its color is yellow.
- Next is the heart chakra, located at the heart centre. This chakra deals with love and relationships, its colour is green and sometimes pink as well.
- The thorat chakra is located at the throat itself and is related to communication and expression but also listening. Its colour is blue.
- The third eye chakra is located between the eyebrows. It deals with ones intuition and wisdom. Its colour is purple or indigo.
- Lastly we have the crown chakra which is located at the top of the head. It is associated with ones spirituality and its colour is violet, gold or white.